Diesel Service Technician
Frank’s GMC is an award-winning GMC dealership. We're looking for energetic professionals to add to our world-class Service Department. Mechanics position available in our diesel truck shop. Frank’s GMC offers quality sales, service and parts and has been family owned and operated for over 90 years.
We are looking for Service Technicians & Mechanics to join our growing team! Strong service technician background and ASE certified is preferred. The day-to-day duties include performing work on specific repair orders and diagnosing what repairs need to be done.
WE'RE SEEKING THOSE WHO ARE MOTIVATED AND DEPENDABLE, ENERGETIC AND WORK WELL IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT.
We offer a full benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Uniform Service
- Paid Training
- Growth Opportunities
- Closed on Sundays
- Union Shop
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed. Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- 2+ years of Service Technician experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ASE Certification a PLUS
- Fleet maintenance experience a PLUS
- B level qualifications a PLUS, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair
- Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competencies
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve
- Opportunities for advancement with factory paid training.
- Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Frank's Truck Center has been family owned and operated for over 90 years. We are a proud GMC franchise in addition to representing Hino, Freightliner & Isuzu commercial trucks. Our dealership is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey and also has service, parts & financing departments on site. We specialize in commercial trucks and have a large commercial truck parts department that serves New Jersey, New York City and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading Job Application......