F&V Operations & Resource Management (FVOP) assists municipal clients providing water and wastewater treatment plant operation services. Working with the owner, we provide expert operation, maintenance, and asset management for public and private systems.
We are looking for an experienced Chemist for a part-time position (16-24 hours/week) in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area who best supports our core principles – “understand our customers and satisfy their needs, do what we say we are going to do and have fun.” The selected individual will work at one of our clients’ facilities.
We support our staff through training, and on-going certifications to enhance their professional development. FVOP is a growth-oriented company which affords staff major opportunities for career advancement. This commitment to staff and positive company culture was recognized in 2021 with F&V Companies being awarded the 101 “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for” Award.
- BS in Chemistry or closely related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience with GC/MS
- Enjoys working in a small lab environment.
- Performing routine analyses utilizing a GS/MS
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies.
- Strong data handling/management skills.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining laboratory instruments.
- Developing and validating data and analysis methods.
- Track materials/reagent usage.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of laboratory techniques, workflow, and analysis procedures.
- Perform any other tasks that may be required.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Good judgement, decision making, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work in a small group
- Good technical skills, including the ability to understand analytical methods.
- Quality and safety minded with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Loading Job Application......