Are you a hardworking, motivated, self-starter with a strong desire to be part of a collaborative, fast paced team? We offer opportunities for a long-term career, with consistent hours and opportunity for growth. If so this could be the opportunity for you! Become part of our nimble, energetic, team-orientated environment and apply today!
Ever Fresh Fruit Company offers employer paid:
- $1,500 Retention Bonus
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Gym membership discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous 401(k) match
We work closely with our customers to create unique flavor elements to ice cream bases and yogurt preps. Many of our ingredients end up in easily recognizable brands on the store shelf as we produce for both international corporations as well as smaller, local brands. Our Research and Development is done in-house so we get to witness the whole process from ideation to creation. We support regional trade organizations, source locally when appropriate and help to bring healthy food to people’s tables.
Department: Information Systems
Employee Classification: Regular Full-time
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Shift: Monday through Friday, Flexible hours (40 hours per week, in office)
Job Summary: This position performs technical system analysis and project support to help align business objectives with the company’s strategic technology goals. The Database Analyst collaborates with departments, directors and executives, to provide business process evaluation and improvement. The Database Analyst will have the opportunity to help the company implement and leverage the functionality of new systems, our current ERP system, and new business intelligence as needed.
Database Analyst must enjoy providing solutions to problems, analyzing data, helping people and have a willingness to work with new technology. The position works to determine business objectives, define scope, detail requirements, manage change, and help Implement solutions.
The Database Analyst plays a vital role in promoting Ever Fresh Fruit Company’s Mission Statement by analyzing technical systems required to conduct daily business. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies. Documents system requirements, defines scope and objectives, and assists in the creation of system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Responsible for bridging the business needs of reporting high volumes of business data and insights into scalable, impactful tools (Crystal Reports, SSRS, Excel).
- Work with each department to design data methods for capturing desired data, analyzing the captured data and creating methods for reporting findings to stakeholders.
- Work with end users and software development to build actionable cases, identifying milestones, phases, and elements.
- Key liaison between business/functional teams and information technology units and is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and translating them into functional and technical system design specifications that can be successfully executed.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distills underlying true needs from user requests.
- Develops test plans, defines test cases, tracks issues and their remediation.
- Defines and leads functional and user acceptance testing activities.
- Maintain records of and have intimate working knowledge of all software being used.
- Maintain records of all software licenses.
- Research and order all IT equipment necessary to meet Ever Fresh Fruit Company’s needs and coordinate installation with 3rd party IT consultants.
- Be the Company liaison between 3rd party IT provider with respect to service and site visits.
- Provide internal application support.
- Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
- Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects through design and development of analytical models and reports.
- Proactively identify issues and concerns to management.
- Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
- Drives analytic innovation and best practices.
- Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Administrator for Allworx phone system
- Office 365 Administrator’s role
- ExacqVision Administrator’s role
- Server Administrator‘s role
- Additional job duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Information Systems or related fields.
- Knowledge on SQL, Business Objects, Crystal, SSRS, Visual Studio.
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and methodologies as well as system configuration.
- Experience with process knowledge and technical skills relating to software development, networking and database management.
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems and provide answers to a diverse audience.
- Ability to effectively interact with engineering resources, professional services and all levels of management.
- Proven success in creating and maintaining databases, data integrity, data flows, and data storage in an enterprise database management system
- Ability to think cross-functionally, join data from various sources, and draw meaningful conclusions/develop innovative solutions
- Ability to work independently under little guidance on several projects simultaneously and be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and plan the use of time and resources effectively.
- Strong team player.
- Must be confident and well-spoken to be able to present technical concepts and ideas.
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends to accomplish goals
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer)
We know it's impossible to convey every single task for a particular job in a single job post. Our hope is that as we work together, we can use this job as a starting point so that your role can evolve over time and we can adjust your job description accordingly.
Loading Job Application......