Are you a technician with all the experience in the world, but are looking for a change? A change that provides a stable income, great quality of life and a chance to lead the next generation of young technicians. If so, Ernst Auto Group in Columbus is the place to drive your career forward. Ernst Auto Group has been locally owned for the last 61 years and continues to evolve and grow with the times. Times are changing and it is time to rethink the old ways of automotive service departments.
Ernst Chevrolet Buick GMC is seeking an experienced technician and leader to join the team as our Shop Foreman and Trainer. We are looking for a top performing General Motors technician wishing to move their career to a different level. This is an opportunity to stop a career of personal production take on a role of leadership and guidance. This vital position will create, mold and engage future technicians through coaching, training and providing a positive culture to our service technicians.
SHOP FOREMAN & TRAINER POSITION SUMMARY
- Work with service and parts management to create and implement shop processes to maximize safety, efficiency, and employee satisfaction
- Coach and train technicians
- Oversee all technician factory and internal training for the entire shop
- Ensure service repairs are performed efficiently and correctly
- Assist with diagnostics and advanced repairs
- Work with service advisors to provide clear customer communication
- Manage shop cleanliness, safety and organization
- Manage shop equipment and tool processes
- Assist in work dispatching
- Maintain personal factory training and ASE certifications
- Assist in technician recruitment
- Work with various local high schools and colleges' technician programs
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Seven years minimum new car dealership technician experience
- General Motors technician experience is a must (Master or World Class technician is ideal)
- ASE certifications current
- Strong communication skills. This is a leadership role and one must to able to work with all types of people.
- Problem solver. We are looking for someone who can think outside the box and get things done.
- Must be able to bring fresh and unique ideas and solutions to the table.
- Proven leadership skills
- An automotive service professional
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Monday through Friday work schedule
- $80,000 salary plus bonuses
- An environment where your voice can be heard
- 61 years of local ownership and stability
- State of the art facility
- Top notch parts and sales departments
- Group health insurance
- Group life, disability, eye and dental insurance plans
- Paid time off plan
- Matching 401K
- Employee purchase programs
- Paid training
If you are a true professional and want to be a part of something big, we would love to speak with you.
Apply through this ad, or at www.ernstcareers.com. You can also inquire confidentially by emailing Ryan Davis at email@example.com.
Loading Job Application......