ENGAGE is a dynamic, fast growing technology company that is disrupting the energy industry through digital transformation. Our diverse team is full of energy and share a passion for bringing value to our customers. If you are looking to make an immediate impact and drive success for our modern startup, while always keeping a sense of humor, then keep reading!
Our team is currently seeking a qualified Senior Software Engineer (PHP) who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
This position is REMOTE as defined by being within 4 timezones +/- of Mountain Time (US - Denver).
A Senior Software Engineer writes beautiful, testable, and fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You'll also contribute to our front-end including plain old HTML/JS, TypeScript and Angular.
You will be a part of a full-stack, creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
Your Typical Day:
- Be a customer-obsessed and product-minded engineer with respect to everything we do
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Create high-level designs and lead design thinking sessions with other team members
- Estimate upcoming feature development and guide cost/benefit tradeoffs with product management
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions and incorporate in automated testing suites
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
This Job May Be for You If:
- 4+ years of development experience
- Experience mentoring and guiding other software engineers on your teams
- Proven software development experience in PHP and Laravel
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, SQL, version control tools (Git, Mercurial, etc) and of developing web services
- Working knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and other common DevOps tooling for development workflows
- Experience in common third-party APIs
- Passion for design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- You are a curious thinker and learner, and willing to pick up new things on your own without formal training
Bonus points, but not required, if:
- In-depth knowledge of other tech stacks and/or mobile development, AWS, and other cloud-based providers (GCP, Azure)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
What’s in It for You:
- Solid, very competitive compensation
- Opportunity to act as a tech lead, mentor and guide other software engineers
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work arrangements (from our office primarily but also remotely and/or from home)
- A company and team that is growing and learning
- Expand your career with future opportunities to lead teams and/or grow into a tech lead or architect role
- We are a Denver, Colorado-based company with team members all over the world. We'd love for you to join us.
Apply Today and Begin Your New Journey with ENGAGE!
Learn more about ENGAGE on our Linked In Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/27089709/admin/
Loading Job Application......