***This position is Remote***
Build your Career with Us
We're Email on Acid. Our mission is simple, make the complex task of e-mail testing easy. Through a suite of innovative tools, education, and first-class customer service we enable our customers to put their “best email forward”, get delivered, and look good doing it. Email on Acid (EOA) stands out by delivering value through leading-edge email rendering tools, community collaboration, and competitive pricing.
EOA was born in July 2009. From bootstrapped to industry-leading provider, over 100,000 worldwide customers use our platform. When we started, email development was anything but easy. The internet was full of resources for web developers, but hardly anything to help email developers. So, we set out to create a service that would make it easy to find and fix email problems and give developers and marketers a place to talk about email. We love email and we love our customers. We are dedicated to making email marketing as simple as possible.
What We Offer
- 100% Remote work organization
- Competitive Salaries
- Energized Work Environment
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, and EAP for employees; health savings options, and 401(k) with employer matching.
- Generous PTO
- Group bonus program (profit sharing)
- Professional Development reimbursement
Communication * Courage * Discipline * Honesty * Impact * Innovation * Passion
Be Courageous. Be Humble. Give a damn.
As the IT Manager…
You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining a critical portion of the Email on Acid production systems. You will be responsible for overseeing our support and engineering teams.
What you will do
As the IT Manager, you will oversee our support and engineering team, monitoring and maintaining a critical portion of the Email on Acid production systems. With your team to you will ensure our products are performant, reliable, scalable, and secure. You’ll be responsible for a large number of servers running different operating systems. You will also…
- Live by and champion our Motto and Values
- Manage, guide, and mentor a team of cloud engineers and support staff.
- Schedule team coverage to coincide with customer needs.
- Analyze issues and patterns with infrastructure to determine proper corrective action.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging security threats, technical challenges, and developments in system protection and IT security standards.
- Facilitate and manage the development, modification, and operation of security protocols to ensure compliance is maintained accordingly across all systems and technology; this includes intrusion detection and prevention.
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Work closely with Site Reliability and Cloud Engineers to address escalated issues.
- Work with the Development Team to support our databases, dev teams, development servers, and deployment tools.
- Recommend changes to the product development team to improve service delivery.
- Accurately and methodically document issues and resolutions.
- Develop and document resolution procedures with the team.
- Participate, hands-on, in production support activities.
- Lead the department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Introduce concrete plans for IT automation, process improvement, efficiency, cost management, and end-user support.
- Work with our Security Manager to develop and enforce procedures.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, debugging, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to develop KPIs and internal reports.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role.
- have a keen eye towards identifying opportunities for automation.
- are a “player-coach” professional, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively across all levels in the organization.
- have experience supporting a large number of servers running different operating systems.
- know how to scale efficiently and make sure security is always at the forefront.
- are able to juggle multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities.
- easily manage external partners, agencies, and freelancers.
- are considerate of deadlines and constraints.
- roll up your sleeves and get engaged, both strategically and tactically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; relevant experience may be considered.
- 7+ years in IT Support, Engineering, or Development; At least 5 of those years in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience in managing a large number of servers running different operating systems/
- Strong background in managing several operating systems (Windows, Linux, OSX).
- Have a solid understanding of AWS and VMware.
- Understand the value of Vendor Management.
- Have working experience with managing security risks and applying technologies to mitigate risk.
- Have a strong foundation with management tools (Jenkins, Ansible, etc).
- Have strong working experience with container technologies (ECS, ECR, Docker, etc.).
- Be comfortable in managing a growing O365 environment.
- Have a strong background in managing and working with a remote workforce.
- Have working experience protecting sensitive data as it flows through infrastructure.
- Have experience with handling an always-moving OpEx Budget.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to build and maintain high-performing teams.
- Excellent Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Analytical ability to recognize patterns.
- Ability to quickly and accurately respond to issues as they arise.
- Proven Growth Mindset.
- Proven ability to affect and manage change.
$110,000 - $125,000 annually
This role is Remote. Applicants must have a home office or private space equipped with the tools needed to work remotely. A standardized technology package of hardware is provided to you by Email on Acid.
Are you ready to join our team at Email on Acid?
Loading Job Application......