Role: Director of Technology
Build your Career with Us
Email on Acid offers the most comprehensive and flexible automated email pre-deployment platform in the world. As the industry leader in email readiness, the company’s platform helps developers, marketers, and enterprise organizations deliver email perfection. By upending the arduous process of manually checking an email prior to deployment, Email on Acid achieves efficiencies, improves marketing ROI, and protects brand reputation with its time-saving tools.
We were established in July of 2009 and are 100% bootstrapped. We are the industry leading provider in email message quality. There are over 100,000 worldwide customers using our platform. When we started this company, email development was anything but easy. The internet was full of resources for web developers, but we could hardly find anything to help email developers. So, we set out to create a service that would make it easy to find and fix email problems and give developers and marketers a place to talk about email. We love email and are dedicated to making email marketing as simple as possible.
What We Offer
- Energized Work Atmosphere: Intelligent and driven colleagues
- Comprehensive Compensation: Competitive salaries, 100% paid health for employee and generous contributions for family, dental, and vision benefits for employees & families, health savings options
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Work/Life Balance: Generous PTO
- 100% Remote Organization
Winner of Colorado Companies to Watch
Email on Acid was honored as one of the 2019 Colorado Companies to Watch. It was recognized for innovation in its industry while achieving growth.
Communication – We listen to understand
Courage – We take smart risks
Discipline – We lead by example
Honesty – We are sincere, forgiving
Impact – We accomplish important work
Innovation – We discover practical solutions
Passion – We are tenacious
Be Courageous. Be Humble. Give a damn.
Role of our Next Teammate
We are actively seeking a proven Technology Executive with 10+ years of experience leading, managing, and coaching IT and Engineering Teams. Focused on leading our information technology and engineering teams, the ideal candidate will be strategic, analytical, and a team player. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing, coaching, and leading direct reports. They will work with the Executive Team to help achieve team and organizational goals while having a strong technical background in IT and Engineering.
As the Director of Technology this role is responsible for directing all engineering plans, activities, and projects within the organization. This leader will be responsible for supervising an Engineering staff, budget, and costs while ensuring all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives. You will serve as the department’s expert on DevOps, CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous deployment), QA testing automation, technology health and monitoring, API & micro services enablement, and modernizing our software development tool sets.
In leading the IT team, this role is responsible for the overall management, strategy, and operations of our existing IT infrastructure as well as ensuring we support the organization’s future IT needs relative to strategy and growth. You will collaborate with business leaders to understand business challenges and articulate IT system capabilities which enable the achievement of business objectives through the effective use of technology. This role will be responsible for coordinating and leading security threat or incident response, including risk analysis, response actions for IT, post-incident follow-ups, root-cause remediation, and other functions as required.
- Partner with the Director of Finance in developing and monitoring the IT and Engineering budgets
- Analyze complex business needs presented by other organizational teams and to provide technical solutions
- Oversee technology infrastructure platforms including hardware, software, security, data centers, cloud environments, communication systems and network resources all with configuration parameters
- Administer standards for infrastructure use, authentication, security, redundancies, resilience, and partnering vendor components
- Maintain corporate agreements and licenses, including but not necessarily limited to Microsoft or AWS, and manage the associated cost allocations
- Keep up to date of developments, trends, practices, and new technologies in the areas related to our SaaS application, assessing and communicating potential impact on the business and our customers.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and related vendor selection
- Assure compliance with IT audit standards, terms of contractual agreements, and vendor performance and access authorization
- Lead a technology team of world-class software engineers with a passion for engineering excellence and meeting commitments, while collaborating with the Product team to establish a roadmap and timeline for technology and platform development
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding existing technologies while also driving the architecture, design, development, test, and release of cutting-edge software technology
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for long term IT and Engineering roadmaps
- Responsible for setting the culture and cadence for the technology departments, fostering strong relationships, increasing product velocity, and achieving schedule predictability
- Work with peers and management on the development of mission, standards, services, goals, and objectives
- Recruit, coach and build high-performing teams
Qualities and Experience You Posses
- 10+ years in IT and Engineering, with 2+ years in a Director or Executive role
- Experience managing and building effective, high-performing technology teams
- Results-driven mindset
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong background working in a SaaS Environment
- Strong knowledge base and demonstrated expertise in infrastructure design and execution
- Skills in strategic planning and execution, including the ability to align IT goals with those of the business.
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Ability to maintain calm in high stress situations
- Operations experience in a production environment
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and inspire teams
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Business acumen including ability to apply fundamental budget planning and management and human resources management.
- Experience managing Cloud based applications, preferably AWS
Are you ready to join our team at Email on Acid?
Loading Job Application......