Job Description: Metal Fabrication Team Leader
El Milagro has an outstanding opportunity for a Welding Team Leader in Chicago, IL. As team member and director of our metal fabrication shop, you will have the opportunity to lead the team in implementing metal fabrication skills/technics to grow the company in safety and performance throughout several facilities.
You will be expected to personally apply, as well as lead a team in applying appropriate welding processes to join, surface, repair, and fabricate metal materials using manual, welding equipment. Work orders will be done according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches which will need to be obtained from a manufacturer or developed in-house.
As Team Leader Responsibilities Require:
- Creating and Organizing work orders and a work order system
- Daily scheduling of work orders for a team of 3-5 people to most efficiently utilize the team’s potential
- Taking lead on larger projects and obtaining any special resources required to complete work orders
- Coordinating and maintaining the organization of the fabrication shop including raw materials, tools and welding equipment.
- Guiding and supporting seasoned team members, as well as training/developing new team members
- Holding team members accountable for job responsibilities, coaching, and conducting employee evaluations
- Follow and enforce all safety rules and practices
Experience on stainless steel custom fabrication Requires:
- Being familiar with the use of shop equipment: shears, press brakes, iron worker, notches, band saw, Etc.…
- T.I.G welding, especially on light gauge sheet metal. Metal ranges from 18 gage and up.
- Being able to take dimensions, personally make in-house drawings and fabricate from them (or from blue prints).
- Understanding sheet metal layout and being able to fabricate fittings such as square to round, round elbow on gores, round eccentric reducers, round tee intersections at an angle, Etc.…
- MIG and stick welding, both flat and vertical up.
- Being able to go to the field to install or repair equipment (Chimney, platforms, tanks, etc.) Which includes climbing ladders and not being afraid of heights or getting your hands dirty on the job.
Technical Skill/Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have creative problem-solving skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English desired but not a must
- Able to work early mornings, or after hours and weekends when necessary
El Milagro Inc is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, El Milagro Inc has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Loading Job Application......