Mechanical Sales Engineer
Mechanical Sales Engineer
Dalkia Energy Solutions, EDF Group (formerly known as Groom Energy) provides comprehensive building energy solutions for its commercial, industrial and institutional customers. Dalkia is an international leader in developing energy management programs designed to help organizations reach their Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction goals. We design, install, finance and maintain efficiency upgrade projects at facilities across the US, helping our customers save money while positively affecting the environment.
Our applications include building controls, compressed air, HVAC, LED lighting, refrigeration and steam systems, and the management of utility financial incentives that reduce capital investment requirements. Dalkia brings our customers on-site generation with combined heat and power from our Dalkia affiliate, Aegis Energy Services, solar and storage solutions from EDF Renewables and electricity, gas and load management services from EDF Energy Services.
The ideal candidate will have experience with implementing energy efficiency measures on commercial refrigeration systems as well as a broad understanding of other building systems including HVAC, steam systems, compressed air and chilled water.
They will have hands-on experience with efficiency modifications as well as the ability to break down systems to first principles.
The role is focused on the development of energy efficiency solutions for multi-site commercial and industrial customers. The mechanical sales engineer will work closely with business development managers and project managers to ensure high customer satisfaction in identification, development, sales and implementation of turnkey, mechanical energy-efficiency projects.
The mechanical sales engineer will be responsible for initial assessments of facilities, opportunity identification, development of scopes of work, project costs, and savings analysis that will be utilized in proposals to customer prospects. Customer facilities may include grocery stores, industrial manufacturing, commercial real estate.
The role will also include working with utility personnel to secure utility incentives and assisting the business development team in closing sales opportunities.
- Medical Insurance
- Company Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long/Short Disability
- 100% Remote Opportunity
- Knowledge of and ability to apply first principals to real world scenarios
- Strong command of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and engineering economics
- Experience with the practical application of commercial refrigeration components and controls
- Hands on experience with air and water side HVAC systems, building management systems, steam and compressed air systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn new software
- General knowledge of mechanical contracting and construction processes
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume fast paced work environment with tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Evaluate existing HVAC, commercial refrigeration, compressed air, chilled water, steam, hot water, process, and other mechanical systems in a given facility, for potential energy efficiency measures.
- Develop the conceptual design and potential project economics of the efficiency solutions to be used in a rough order of magnitude (ROM) proposal.
- Develop the design of efficiency solutions to form the basis for a design-build firm price proposal.
- Identify and calculate energy cost savings associated with a given set of energy efficiency measures.
- Create and revise project scopes to conform ROI and payback criteria that will meet customer, utility and business development criteria.
- Develop savings calculations that satisfy engineering review criteria to qualify for utility incentives.
- Work with utility companies on all facets of ensuring project qualifies for incentives.
- Develop mechanical designs and specifications that form the basis for placing purchase orders for equipment and contracts for installation of the equipment and systems.
- Collaborate with subcontractors to estimate and develop formal budgets for the project scopes of work.
- Identify comprehensive projects (mechanical, refrigeration, controls, etc.) and assemble resources to develop a project.
- Collaborate with sales engineers and project managers to create value for customers.
- Use a detail-oriented approach to evaluate sales opportunities and adjust as needed to customer needs.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience required
- Association of Energy Engineers CEM or CEA certification a plus
- 3-5 years minimum turnkey mechanical project development experience necessary
- Experience working with electric and gas utility programs to facilitate securing incentives
- Demonstrated knowledge of large/commercial and industrial design of mechanical systems
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2D and Microsoft Excel
- Displays passion for learning and brings new ideas to the table that benefits peers and customers
Loading Job Application......