Who You Are…
As an Associate Advisor, you have a passion for finance, working with people, and delivering superior customer service. Colleagues and friends probably know you as friendly and curious. Someone who loves attention to detail, communicating clearly and getting things done.
You thrive in a team environment where everyone is working together towards a common goal.
As someone focused on working both behind the scenes and with clients, you would spend time in client meetings and taking care of client tasks outside of meetings. You love connecting with people and forming lasting relationships with them.
Since you have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, you enjoy organizing client activity as well as executing tasks. Your work is efficient and accurate. You take great satisfaction in making a meaningful contribution to our firm’s procedures and service to our clients.
You thrive at communicating with clients in a way that’s clear and makes their lives easier when it comes to obtaining updated information and providing financial planning updates. And you can do all this with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
Your desire to work in a growing company shows that you value teamwork, cooperation, and the opportunity to challenge yourself to improve every day and, ultimately, advance in your career.
Finally, you know that a client first attitude is a must. While this position requires an understanding of technical, financial planning and investment management processes and procedures, we’re looking from someone who wants to provide a “wow” level of service to our clients every day.
If this is you…
…we should talk.
About Cordant Wealth Partners
At Cordant, we specialize in comprehensive wealth management for Technology Professionals with the goal of helping every client align their wealth with the things they care about most and, ultimately, live their best life.
Through our Cordant Clarity Experience, we put a team of financial experts together to help clients achieve financial clarity. We then help grow, guide and manage their wealth.
We’ve adopted the highest legal standard of care, choosing to act as an unwavering fiduciary in the best and exclusive interest of our clients. As a fee-only advisor, we do not sell any products and are compensated solely by our clients for the advice we provide. We are accountable to our clients and strive to always say what we do and do what we say.
All Cordant team members strive to live our core values every day. These values are so much more than clichés—they are the foundation of our company. We live, breathe, and believe in our core principles. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s core focus—to help clients get more out of life by aligning wealth with purpose. Our values are to:
Act with purpose: Every decision we make starts with a clear purpose, objective, and end goal. We prioritize this holistic perspective before making any decision—so that when we execute, it is with an eye on the big picture. Am I driving in the direction of the mission?
Make a difference: We value making an impact in the lives of our clients and the world in general. This means continually looking for ways to leave a positive mark and get the result (not simply checking the box). Whose life did I improve today?
Continually improve: When it comes to developing, we believe in taking risks and be courageous. We must stay curious as there’s always more to learn. What did I do today to make myself better than I was yesterday?
Be a healthy team: At Cordant, we know the importance of collaboration—and we take responsibility for maintaining a healthy team environment. We trust each other and make each other better. Open and honest communication is a must. How did I make the team stronger today?
Title: Associate Advisor
Reports to: CEO
Status: Full time; Exempt
Date: July 1, 2022
The Associate Advisor at Cordant Wealth Partners is an integral part of our team serving as the true connection between our clients, support team, and advisors. This enthusiastic person will support the vision, positive culture, and team spirit of Cordant.
The Associate Advisor is an entry-level client relationship management position that provides financial analysis and reporting to clients and Lead Advisors. Responsibilities include data gathering, modeling, case design, scenario building, plan development, trading and presentation development. The Associate will participate in client meetings, but not in an advising or decision-making capacity.
They have (or will) obtained the proper licensing and experience to work directly with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Advisor can expect to focus in the following areas:
- Deliver exceptional client service to clients
- Attend all client meetings in a technical, supporting and learning role with Lead Advisor
- Prep upcoming client meetings and coordinate with client service team to ensure that all necessary preparations have been made.
- Coordinate all client follow up and debrief client meetings and communications
- Work with Advisors to create presentations for clients.
- Develop the skills of presenting planning and investment analysis to clients
- Learn our planning software (eMoney) and make updates to client’s financial plans
- Learn our reporting and trading software (Tamarac) and carry out trading and reporting responsibilities.
- Assist Lead Advisor with most client communications and ensure that client expectations are being met.
- Gather, organize and synthesize client data
The Associate Advisor position typically requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred or working towards
- Must currently hold or plan to test for required Series 65 license
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and explain sophisticated financial concepts and issues
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, able to set priorities, self starter
- Passionate about doing what is best for clients and limiting conflicts inherent in the broader industry.
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with eMoney planning software a plus
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
- Competitive pay
- Firm-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account available for health care, dependent care, and commuter transit/parking
- 401(k) retirement plan,
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
For the safety of our team and clients, we encourage all employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19
How to apply:
This position has been filled. However, we plan on adding to our growing team in 2022 and are reviewing applications as we receive them.
We will only review candidates that upload both a cover letter and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Loading Job Application......