Director of Marketing (Hybrid)
The Chicago Architecture Center is a nonprofit cultural organization with tours, exhibitions, programs, and events for all ages. Our mission is to inspire people to discover why design matters. The CAC is the leading organization devoted to celebrating and promoting Chicago as a center of architectural innovation. As Chicago's forum for the exchange of ideas on urban design, CAC inspires people to participate in the building of vibrant communities and to demand the highest standard in urban design.
This position will play a primary role in creating customer-centric and innovative strategies that establish CAC as a premier destination in Chicago. As the driver of large-scale, multi-channel, initiatives this role requires strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills along with accountability and attention to detail. The Director will manage relationships with internal teams and extended partners including creative agencies while leveraging the expertise of direct reports and a broad cross-functional team.This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic marketing initiatives and activations for the brand; ensuring a cohesive narrative and seamless rollout meets desired deliverables and KPI’s.
- Leverage data, audience, and competitive insights to optimize engagement touchpoints, content, and revenue opportunities.
- Develop and inspire direct reports to achieve established goals; energize and bring teams together.
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing, Digital and Communication team leads on digital content strategy and earned media opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to promote programs, products, categories, or experiences from inception to launch.
- Balance executing several projects of varying scale; drafting briefs, establishing timelines, budgets and keeping teams aligned.
- Prioritize and socialize audience insights; translate data into action and oversee team that develops corresponding marketing plans.
- Cultivate strong external partnerships to develop grassroots portfolio that reaches new audiences.
- Establish strong understanding of the CAC brand style guide; serve as primary approver of creative elements and ensure appropriate use of the CAC logo and marks.
- Work directly with Sales and Operations team on comprehensive marketing plans to support revenue and ticket goals; analyze sales reports to guide efforts.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the annual Marketing budget.
- Lead the creation, execution, and implementation of the Open House Chicago marketing plan.
- Lead media buying and placement.
- Champion access, representation, and inclusion throughout all marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of marketing experience preferred.
- Previous managerial experience required.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- High comfort level with technology and a variety of applications (Microsoft Office, Google Drive, WordFly; Asana, Tessitura helpful).
- Superior customer service orientation and collaboration skills.
- Must be an initiative-taking and enthusiastic team member and leader throughout the marketing department and CAC.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Enjoys being part of an entrepreneurial organization; innovative and creative.
*Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination at date of hire.
The Chicago Architecture Center values the diversity of our community and the neighborhoods around it. We strive for a sense of belonging and empowerment at work. We welcome everyone to join us on our tours, educational programs, and exhibitions, as well as to apply for our job openings.
Loading Job Application......