Title Staff Accountant
Reports Director of Finance
Status Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location Springfield, Missouri
The Staff Accountant is a member of the Finance Team and provides support to customers including program directors, DOF, Grants Compliance Manager and external agencies. Work in a team environment, contributing to the success and credibility of the finance office in a variety of roles with a willingness to take on new responsibilities, improve efficiencies, solve problems, and provide backup to other accounting staff.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, statements of functional expenses, and statements of activity.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Prepare and/or review coding of direct costs to programs and grants. Prepare monthly allocations of personnel and indirect costs.
- Post activity from external systems, provide accounting oversight, reconcile accounts, and closes the monthly books for an affiliate company.
- Verifies and posts donation, tax credit, grant, and other receipts.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents for desk audits, monitoring visits, and annual audits.
- Manage corporate credit card activity and summarize for posting to accounting system.
- Manage and process monthly expense and mileage reimbursements.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Willingness to attend professional development and training courses.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- At least three years of related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Wages and Benefits:
- Wages are competitive, and based on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits include a full range of health insurance (medical, dental, vision and prescription), pension plan contributions, vacation, and other benefits detailed in the Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri Employee Handbook.
Performance Quality Improvement (PQI)
The Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) program of Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri (CCSOMO) promotes excellence and continuous improvement in all functions of client care, support services and the organization. PQI is embedded in all aspects of CCSOMO’s daily work and in its strategic, long-term development. Staff in all areas of the Agency are empowered to play an active role in improving program/client outcomes and overall organizational performance. The PQI process is designed to be inclusive and transparent. The combined elements of the PQI program enable the Agency to make effective and timely use of collected data and to take corrective action and/or develop and implement programs in order to reach the highest standards attainable.
Apply online: https://www.ccsomo.org/careers/
Loading Job Application......