We Need You
Peterbilt dealerships recognize the technician is the “face of Peterbilt” to the customer, critical to driving uptime every day.
Currently, there are over 60,000 job openings for diesel technicians and fewer than 15,000 students in post-secondary educational institutions. Peterbilt, alone, will need over 5,000 new technicians in the next 5-6 years.
With over 400 locations in North America, Peterbilt has a dealership near you. Regardless of state, climate, urban, or rural, there is a Peterbilt dealership in need of your skill set. A career is waiting for you!
No longer does a diesel technician only “turn wrenches”. Today’s trucks are rolling computers. Alternative fuels and electric vehicles are changing the landscape of the transportation industry. Those ready for these changes have opportunities.
- Daily challenges to create solutions for our customers.
- Career growth opportunities within the dealership.
- Continuous improvement and training for those eager to learn and develop their skills.
Required Skill Set
To be the most successful in your career, a diesel technician should have the following in his/her toolbox:
- Attendance. Be dependable. Show up to work each day. Be the first to arrive for your shift. Be the last to leave.
- Attitude. Be humble. Know that there is still much to learn. Be determined to learn as much as you can and apply that knowledge to every repair order.
- Aptitude. Be confident. Possess the mechanical ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve customer issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a trade school or 1 year related work experience
- 3.5 or above GPA
- 95% or better attendance
- Valid Driver’s License & clean motor vehicle record
- Be able to relocate to work for a Peterbilt dealership
START BUILDING YOUR CAREER AS A DIESEL TECHNICIAN TODAY
VISIT WWW.PETERBILT.TECH TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PETERBILT TECHNICIAN INSTITUTE
Loading Job Application......