CarAdvise is an emerging technology company that is changing the way consumers maintain and service their vehicles. Let's face it, getting car care is a hassle and is not a trusted industry. CarAdvise makes getting car maintenance/repair easy, trusted, and provides savings for consumers with our service providers. The proprietary electronic authorization and payment process has integration points into the over 20,000 repair shops nationally setting us up for significant scale with our distribution partners that represent 20 million vehicle owners and growing. If you are looking for a fast-paced start-up environment and have the passion and work ethic to change an industry, this is a great team to join.
Where do you fit:
As a Full stack developer, you will work as an individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading the design, implementation and support of critical features to accelerate the delivery of CarAdvise’s cloud based products – both on the Web and Mobile. You will be part of the core CarAdvise Technology team developing new features and capabilities, while also integrating with other CarAdvise and 3rd party products and frameworks. Specifically, you will lead the development of the retail applications focused on high volume transactions.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences, which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Participate in the development of CarAdvise retail and fleet products primarily built on Ruby and Rails framework, React and PostgreSQL
- Work closely with other developers and business
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Optimize web and mobile applications to maximize speed and scale
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4-6 years of development experience as a seasoned Software Engineer
- 2-3 years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Ruby on Rails and other front end technologies.
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails and React
- Experience working on Postgres Object-Relational DBMS
- Exposure to cloud hosting using AWS
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon cloud, is a plus
CarAdvise is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace and strive to foster an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
Loading Job Application......