The Machine Operator will safely control various machines and equipment involved in production at our wharehouse in San Jose. We are looking for someone to help in our shop and work with our CNC machines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce the required quantity of parts within established specifications to maximize daily productivity expectations of boards being shipped.
- Maintain log and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspect equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; perform basic and routine adjustments and maintenance. Communicate machine or quality issues.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Inventory tools, parts, and supplies; contact line lead if supplies are needed.
- Consistently check products per company policy to ensure quality and uniform completion; resolves any identified problems and alerts line lead.
- On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily.
- Quality of work and producing error-free work is essential.
- Store materials properly in warehouse.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of production; perform relief duties when required.
- Ability to follow directions and work cohesively in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and how to use/read a tape measure.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable proscribed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Moderate to heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
- Ability to frequently stoop, bend and kneel.
- Ability to often reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to frequently talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly stand.
Loading Job Application......