Home Care Aide - Marin & SF - Rotating Schedule
Currently seeking compassionate Home Care Aides to fill a rotating schedule split between SF and Marin County. The ideal candidate will possess at least 1 year of documented experience. This individual will be responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. This individual may work nights, days, weekends and holidays.
Benefits for the Home Care Aide
- Competitive pay
- A supportive team environment
- Overtime after 8 hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan for qualifying employees
- Retirement savings plan for qualifying employee
- Paid Sick Leave
Requirements of the Home Care Aide
- Minimum of 1 year of documented experience required
- Certified in CPR
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
Responsibilities of the Home Care Aide
- Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
- Provide personal care, include bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing and undressing as well as toileting activities.
- Assist in feeding the client, if necessary.
- Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
- Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Report any change to the Director of Nursing or nursing supervisor; Document observed changes
- Measure and document intake and output, if necessary
- Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
- Perform light housekeeping
- Perform meal preparation and cleanup
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
- Participate in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
- Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure client’s rights are adhered to.
- Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
Loading Job Application......