Hospice Nurse RN
The HOSPICE NURSE cares for patients at the end of their lives. The care can be provided in the patient’s home or hospice center. The hospice nurse’s main responsibility is to help people live as comfortably and independently as possible and with the least amount of pain in their final days. Nursing care is performed in accordance with the nurse practice act and under the direction and supervision of the hospice nursing and medical directors.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading Emergency Department Registered Nurses-RN's and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $40.00/hour
EDUCATION Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
LICENSURE Current and unrestricted RN, LPN/LVN nursing license in the state of practice.
EXPERIENCE One year of experience as an RN, LPN/LVN in a hospice setting within the last two years.
CREDENTIALS Current CPR at least to the BLS level; and other health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies. Covid 19 and current Flu vaccination.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS Various home and health facility settings; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complies with ATC policies/procedures.
• Complies with hospice service nursing policies/procedures.
• Conducts individualized patient assessment, prioritizing collection of data based on individual needs and condition.
• Conducts ongoing nursing assessment as dictated by the patient’s condition and in accordance with hospice protocols.
• Collaborates with other team members in the development, implementation, and evaluation of an individualized plan of care.
• Provides care and treats patients in their place of residence, as directed by a physician.
• Provides direct nursing care to hospice patients; patient and caregiver education; and emotional support to patient and caregiver.
• Assesses and managers pain in a timely and efficient manner; contacts physician for orders to manage pain based on patient condition.
• Has thorough knowledge of the techniques, methods, procedures, principles, and practices of the nursing profession, and ability to apply them.
• Makes nursing diagnoses and treats problems accurately; prepares clear and concise nursing notes.
• Maintains frequent and on-going contact with patients/families, other nurses, home health aides, social worker, chaplain, physicians, pharmacists, DME providers, and clerical office assistants to ensure patient has supplies, medications and support needed.
• Provides ongoing emotional and physical support to the patient and family through the dying process.
• Maintains confidentiality related to patient, family, client facility and staff in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Provides patient care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
• Advocates patient rights with respect to advance directives and organ donation.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate staff, as needed based on individualized patient assessment.
• Maintains competency by participating in continuing education programs and meets state specific requirements.
• Complies with accepted ethical conduct and professional Standards of Nursing Practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association or equivalent national organization.
• Demonstrates ability to delegate effectively and appropriately.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......