Corrections Nurse LPN
warren , OH
ATC Healthcare is looking for a Corrections Nurse! The Corrections Nurse is responsible for providing care and care coordination for inmates who are incarcerated in a correctional facility.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading nurses and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $$23.00hr
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CORRECTIONS NURSE:
- Graduation from an accredited program of nursing, at the Registered Nurse level or Practical Nurse level as required by the contract.
- Active, current, and unencumbered nursing license in the state of practice.
- CPR as required by client facility; health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies.
- At least one year of experience as a Corrections Nurse.
- Background screening as required by the contract.
- Drug screening as required by the contract.
- Additional credentials as designated by contract.
- Correctional facility setting.
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
- Corrections Nurse should be able to read medical equipment and documents.
- Pushing carts and medical equipment may be a component of the job.
- A physical examination may be required by some states and some clients.
6a -2p with Friday and sat off each week or 2p -10pm available with every Sunday and Monday off
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with ATC Healthcare Services policies and procedures.
- Complies with Client policies and Procedures.
- Maintain records, prepare reports and correspondences.
- The Corrections Nurse completes nursing assessments.
- Refers individuals to medical for evaluation as needed.
- Dispenses medications and monitors medical compliance.
- Must be supportive of the 3 types of FDA-approved medications to treat opiate use disorder.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing and utilize an electronic record.
- Maintains confidentiality related to patient, family, client facility and staff in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Provides patient care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......