Emergency Department (ER) Nurse
The EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT REGISTERED NURSE (RN) is a healthcare provider who through education and experience possesses a distinct body of knowledge and skills relative to the care of patients across the lifespan who are experiencing life-threatening conditions requiring complex clinical assessment, technologically intense therapies, and interventions. He/she applies specialized nursing knowledge in assessing, implementing, and evaluating patient response to complex conditions, therapies, and interventions. He/she initiates nursing care, health teaching, and health counseling that supports life and restores well-being. Nursing care is performed in accordance with the nurse practice act and under the direction and supervision of the appropriate client representative(s) on the assigned Emergency Care Unit.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading nurses and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $$/hour
Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
Current and unrestricted RN nursing license in the state of practice.
One year of experience as an RN in an Emergency Department in the last three years.
Current CPR at least to the ACLS level; TNCC and/or PALS, as required by client facility; and other health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Various client facility settings; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with ATC policies/procedures.
- Complies with client facility nursing policies/procedures.
- Conducts individualized patient assessment, prioritizing collection of data based on individual needs and condition.
- Conducts ongoing nursing assessment as dictated by the patient’s condition and in accordance with client facility’s protocols.
- Collaborates with other team members in the development, implementation, and evaluation of an individualized plan of care.
- Performs appropriate treatments and therapies as ordered by physician in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Performs hemodynamic monitoring as ordered by physician in an appropriate manner.
- Provides individualized patient and family teaching.
- Documents patient assessments, findings, and psychosocial responses to nursing interventions
- Initiates emergency measures according to adult, pediatric and client advanced resuscitation protocols.
- Maintains confidentiality related to patient, family, client facility and staff in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Provides patient care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
- Advocates patient rights with respect to advance directives and organ donation.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift, and as needed based on individualized patient assessment.
- Maintains competency in emergency care by participating in continuing education programs and meets state specific requirements.
- Complies with accepted ethical conduct and professional Standards of Nursing Practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association or equivalent national organization.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate effectively and appropriately.
Other Duties: Please note this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer:ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any othercategory protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......