OR, Surgical Technician
Bel Air, MD
Operating Room Technician - OBGYN
Surgical Scrub Tech for the OR Family Birth Place- Must have 2 years of experience, OBGYN experience required. 12H Nights with on-call rotation requirement and possible float to Harford Memorial Hospital. Must have active MD certification at time of submission. Epic EMR.
The SURGICAL TECHNICIAN assists in the nursing care and preparation of surgical patients; functions as a member of the scrub team in donning gown and gloves, creating and maintaining a sterile field and issuing instruments to surgeons.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading nurses and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $29 - $31/hour
Completion of surgical assisting program of study. Most facilities prefer national certification. National examination is available through the Liaison Council on Certification (LCT).
At least one year of experience as a Surgical Technician in a clinical setting.
CPR as required by client facility; health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Various client facility settings; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with ATC policies/procedures.
- Complies with client facility policies/procedures.
- Documents accurately and completely services provided.
- Maintains confidentiality relative to patient care and facility practices in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Communicates information effectively to appropriate personnel.
- Complies with accepted ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- Prepares and passes instruments, sutures, sponges, and supplies needed in the operative procedure; maintains a correct count.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and proper O.R. scrub procedure. • Assists in maintenance and care of specimens.
- Provides patient services in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
Other Duties: Please note this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......