The NURSE PRACTITIONER is a registered nurse who has completed a Nurse Practitioner Program. Primary care concerns lie in two dimensions: (1) management of illness, and (2) promotion of health, diagnosis and technically sound treatment, personal support, patient education, use of consultants, prevention, and health maintenance. Within this framework, the Nurse Practitioner functions in collaboration with the physician in the health care setting. The Nurse Practitioner functions under the guidance and supervision of a physician.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading nurses and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $90/hour
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and an accredited nurse practitioner program, usually at the master’s degree level.
Current and unrestricted state license as a Registered Nurse and required state authority to practice as a nurse practitioner.
At least one year experience as a nurse practitioner in a clinical setting.
CPR as required by client facility; health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Various client facility settings; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with ATC policies/procedures.
- Complies with client facility nursing policies/procedures.
- Documents accurately and completely services provided.
- Maintains confidentiality relative to patient care and facility practices in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Communicates information effectively to appropriate personnel.
- Provides for total health assessment and care in collaboration with other healthcare professionals for a specific patient population with acute or chronic conditions or diseases.
- Screen patients having problems requiring differential medical and nursing diagnosis and therapy; initiates appropriate medical and nursing referrals.
- Provides required care while maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment.
- Interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests and formulates treatment plans in collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
- Provides patient services in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
- Advocates patient rights with respect to advance directives and organ donation.
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education programs and meets state specific requirements.
- Complies with accepted ethical conduct and professional standards of nursing practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association or equivalent nursing organization.
Other Duties: Please note this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......