Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN)
Cape May Court House , NJ
Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse Job Summary
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse provides skilled nursing services to patients in long term care and rehabilitation facility.
Shifts available: 6:45am-2:45pm, 2:45pm-10:45pm, and 10:45pm-6:45am.
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $38-$40 an hour
Reports to the franchise owner/manager or designee and to client supervisors and managers.
Completion of an accredited licensed practical nursing program.
Current and unencumbered license in the state of practice.
At least one year of experience in the last 3 years.
- Background screening as required by state or client contract.
- OIG, SAM, OFAC and NSO screening.
- Current health provider CPR from the American Heart Association at the BLS level or other as per contract.
- Hepatitis B Statement or Declination [OSHA 29 CFR, 1910.1030(f)(2)].
- TB Screening and TB baseline testing at hire. Some clients may require a two-step PPD which consists of two-step testing with one week between tests. A temporary staff employee with a previous positive TB test result must provide current documentation of a negative chest x-ray as required by the client. The Quantiferon Gold test may be used in lieu of a TB Skin test (PPD).
- Drug screening as required by the contract.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Work sites vary.
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
- The physical demands are representative of those that may be required by an employee to successfully perform the representative duties and responsibilities of the job. Applicant should be able to read medical equipment and documents. Pushing carts and medical equipment may be a component of the job.
- Ability to assist with moving patients, transporting patients may be required.
- Some states or clients may required an employment physical.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with ATC Healthcare Services policies and procedures.
- The practical nurse performs nursing acts, functions or performs tasks under the delegation/supervision of the registered nurse, medical physician or midlevel providers (e.g., PA's, NP's).
- Administers nursing procedures to patients in accordance with patients nursing care plans, such as sterile dressing, soaks, compresses, enemas, suppositories, tube feeding, oxygen therapy, range of motion therapy, catheterization, diabetic care, pre- and post-operative care, etc.
- Sets up prescribed medications in accordance with patients’ nursing care plans.
- Administers medications to patients orally, intra-muscularly or subcutaneously.
- Monitors effects of medications, records medications given to patients’ reactions.
- Assists in rehabilitation programming and activities for residents, such as:
- License Development of social skills
- Development of daily living skills
- Reality orientation
- Recreational skills, etc.
- Records treatment given to patients; takes/records and monitors patients’ health.
- Transports/accompanies patients to procedures.
- If the LPN/LVN is currently IV certified, may perform limited IV tasks as permitted by the LPN/LVN nurse
- practice act in the state of practice and as permitted by facility protocols.
- Maintains confidentiality related to patient, family, client facility and staff in accordance with the Health
- Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Provides patient care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversityand age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved. 13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties: Please note this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading nurses and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......