Interventional Radiology Nurse RN
An Interventional Radiology nurse is involved with the assessment, planning, and care of patients who undergo diagnostic, interventional, and therapeutic procedures. They must have a high level of technical expertise and knowledge of radiologic science. The Interventional Radiology nurse works under the supervision of the physician and/or department manager.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading Interventional Radiology Nurses-RN's and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation $75.00/hour
EDUCATION Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
LICENSURE Current and unrestricted nursing license in the state of practice.
EXPERIENCE At least one year experience as an interventional radiology nurse or equivalent experience.
CREDENTIALS: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation: BLS and ACLS; health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies. Covid 19 Vaccination and current Flu vaccination.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS Various client facility settings; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complies with ATC policies/procedures.
• Complies with client facility nursing policies/procedures.
• Documents accurately and completely services provided.
• Provides pre-procedure telephone instruction and education to patients relating to their procedure.
• Performs pre-procedure assessment, appropriate documentation of assessment, pre-procedure preparation of the patient, which includes intravenous access, review of allergies and laboratory results, application of monitoring equipment, and site preparation as indicated.
• Performs monitoring intra-procedure according to Radiology/Nursing policy at the facility to assess vital signs, pallor, responsiveness, level of comfort, emotional status; Neuro status and circulation are assessed according to Radiology policy at the facility and as indicated by the procedure; provides patient care utilizing the nursing process; information related to changes in patient’s condition is relayed accurately and efficiently to the physician.
• Administers and titrates medications appropriately and in the correct increment dosages, knowing the pharmacological effects and side effects of the medications being administered.
• Assesses and documents the patient’s response to medications administered.
• Institutes appropriate treatment to medication induced changes in the patient’s condition.
• Administers emergency drugs and utilizes emergency equipment knowledgeably and appropriately.
• Arranges post-procedure care prior to procedure date unless the case is an add-on.
• Performs and documents an appropriate and complete post-procedure assessment.
• Gives a complete and concise report to the department receiving the patient post procedure.
• Discharge instructions and patient/family education are provided according to Radiology policy at the facility of assignment.
• Performs daily equipment, drug and quality assurance checks.
• Maintains confidentiality relative to patient care and facility practices in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
• Communicates information effectively to appropriate personnel.
• Provides required care while maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment.
• Provides patient services in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
• Advocates patient rights with respect to advance directives.
• Provides continuous nursing assessments of patients' physical and emotional needs and corresponding therapeutic interventions.
• Ability to perform phlebotomy techniques.
• Ability to access various ports and access lines.
• Initiates cardiopulmonary resuscitation in age appropriate manner, in accordance with facility protocols, and applicable advance directives.
• Maintains competency by participating in continuing education programs and meets state specific requirements.
• Complies with accepted ethical conduct and professional standards of nursing practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association or equivalent nursing organization
Other Duties: Please note this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
Loading Job Application......