Heavy Diesel Mechanic
New Windsor, NY
Arkel Motors, an Authorized, Full-Service International Dealership located in New Windsor, NY. We have been in business for over 50 years, and loyalty to our customers and commitment to career paths is what we are all about!!! We carry the complete line of New International Trucks, Tractors, and Chassis. Join a team that is fully equipped to assist our Tri-State clients with tailored service lines offered by International.
We also carry a full inventory of Used Trucks, Tractors and Chassis with a good selection of Classes. All of our Used Trucks are put through our world-class Service Department and brought up to International Certified Standards.
Position: Heavy Duty Diesel Technician
Schedule: Monday through Friday and available overtime on Saturdays
Hours: 7am to 5pm Monday - Friday and Saturdays 8am-12PM
Our next successful Diesel Mechanic will be part of a team of Technicians who have a vested interest in our organization's success. Training and certifications are supported. Come join a winning team with Highly competitive salary, healthcare, and retirement benefits.
Support shops values and goals to ensure that all repairs/maintenance of Diesel Trucks performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations.
- Highly competitive pay w/overtime available - $20 - $45 per hour depending on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance available
- Short weekend hours
- Closed Sundays
- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Fully paid training
- State inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
- Uniforms included
- Laundry Service
- Vacation pay, 1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2, 3 weeks after 10
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 6 paid holidays per year (New Year, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Utilize and maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical
- systems in a fast pace environment. Perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions on Commercial Trucks
- Engine diagnostics and repair
- Chassis repair and routine maintenance (Air Brakes, Springs, Drums)
- Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems is a plus*
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification.
• Electrical Diagnosing a plus
• Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment
• Commercial Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Arkel Motors is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status. EEO is the Law.
Loading Job Application......